Kevin Wilson – Head Coach
Kevin has been coaching for 21 years in both the UK and USA. Kevin’s qualification include:
- UEFA B Licence
- Youth Modules 1,2 and 3 Assessed (Specific to coaching 5-18 age bracket)
- 2.1 BSc (Hons) Degree Sports Coaching
- Futsal level 1 and Level 2
- NSCAA Advanced National Diploma (USA A license)
- FA Level 4 Psychology
- FA Coaching Disability and Mentoring Adults
- Emergency Aid and Safeguarding children.
Kevin has been with Guildford Saints FC for 5 years including 4 years as Director of Coaching. Kevin has previously managed several advanced training/Academy programmes including Elite Football and Ultimate Football Academy. He coached Liverpool John Moores ladies team to the National championship in 2003 and was Director of Coaching for an all Girls programme Pursuit Soccer Club in 1999.
Kevin is passionate about developing young players and providing them with a positive learning environment that enables ALL players to fulfil their potential.
Michael has vast experience working gained over many years of coaching children across a variety of sports. Mike’s qualifications include:
- UEFA C Licence/Level 2
- Youth Modules 1 and 2 (Specific to coaching 5-18 age bracket)
- BSc (Hons) Degree Physical Education
- USSF C Licence in Coaching
- FA Coaching Disability Football
- Level I Fencing
- Emergency Aid and Safeguarding children.
Michael has previously worked for various coaching organisations including being a Head Coach at Elite Football. He currently works full time in a Primary School teaching PE and also coaches several teams at GSFC (Boys, Disability and Ladies teams).
Michael’s philosophy to coaching is to provide each player with a high level of technical and tactical information that will allow them to improve their decision making within a game setting.
Mike Pott joined the club last year where he assisted our current coaching staff as part of his level 2 course in order to gain experience and deliver coaching sessions. His level of professionalism and ability to build rapport with the players has led to him now taking on the responsibility of Head Coach for several teams. Here is a summary of Mike’s experience and qualifications:
- FA Level 1 Coaching Football
- FA Level 2 Coaching Football
- FA Level 1 Goalkeeping
- FA Youth Award Module 1
- FA Emergency Aid and Safeguarding Children Certified
Mike is a former Guildford Saints player of 9 years as well as having played a high level of BUSA University football for Sussex.
I have been coaching for 25 years now; having coached pretty much every age group; as well as running several men’s teams and a women’s team.
I have my UEFA Level 3 coaching award as well as my Level 2 goalkeeping certificate.
I find the goalkeeping especially rewarding as it is good habits and attention to detail that most outfield coaches cannot see that ultimately leads to the keepers’ development.
I really enjoy working for Guildford Saints. It’s fantastic to see the individual improvements and just as rewarding to hear the Managers’ feedback when specifics you have practiced have come to fruition on match days.
I look forward to many more seasons with the Saints in the coming years.
- Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Football (QCF)
- Level 1 Certificate in Coaching Football
- FA Youth Award Module 1 – Developing the Environment
- FA Emergency First Aid
- The FA Safeguarding Children Workshop
- I have been coaching for the past 10 years in both the UK & USA
- Farnham Town FC U7’s to U10’s
- Aldershot Town FC U10’s to U14’s
- Various local schools football coach
- Challenger Sports summer coach in Florida 2010
- Challenger Sports summer head coach in Florida 2011
- Challenger Sports summer head coach in North Carolina 2012
- Club Trainer at Hendersonville soccer club in North Carolina fall 2012
- Club Trainer at IRSA soccer club in Vero Beach, Florida, Spring, Summer & Fall 2013
- Challenger Sports trainer of the year 2015
- Club Trainer at IRSA soccer club in Vero Beach, Florida, Spring, Summer & Fall 2015
Fred has been involved with football coaching now for over 10 years in both the UK and USA. Fred qualifications include:
- UEFA B License
- FA Youth Module 3
- NSCAA Goal Keeping Coach Level 1
- FA Emergency First Aid and Safeguarding Children
Prior to working with the Guildford Saints FC, Fred worked out in the USA as Head Coach for numerous Academy level teams on both the girls and boys side ranging from U8s all the way through to U18s. From here, Fred progressed on to coaching in the 4th tier of US Soccer working as a Head Coach in the National Premier Soccer League as well as an assistant coaching on the Women’s Premier Soccer League.
Alongside coaching, Fred has been involved in football as a coordinator with the aim of developing an elite program within a township as well as running a tri state adult soccer league.
Fred’s passion lies in developing youth players and creating a pathway for them to succeed as a player or as a coach within football. HIs philosophy is to create intelligent football players that can problem solve on and off the pitch.
Charlie has been coaching for 18 months now and his qualifications include:
- FA Level 2 Coaching
- Youth Module 1 and 2
- Futsal Level 1
- Coaching Disabled Footballers
- FA Psychology Level 1
- FA Talent ID Level 1
- Mentoring Adults
- Emergency Aid and Safeguarding
Charlie does a lot of work in grassroots football, having coached a successful Under 18 team during the 16/17 season. For 17/18 he will be coaching at a North East Hants under 15 premier side, this will be alongside his work in local schools and community projects.
Charlie is always determined to create a safe and fun environment which allows players of all ages and abilities to develop their sills.